Science & Technology Market Leader
The Science & Technology Market Leader is responsible for analyzing the market, determining and implementing a plan that leads to the achievement of revenue goals in the Science & Technology market. Other duties include serving as a member of the leadership team, building and managing market relationships and overseeing a team of Project Managers.
1. Actively builds, develops and maintains key market relationships. Regularly meets with clients in professional and social settings.
2. Represents PEDCO in the business community and serves as the face of the company within specified markets; present at conferences, network with senior executives, identify prospective clients and lead business development activities.
3. Manages relationships with market clients; verifies satisfaction and sources new opportunities. Identifies and manages relationships between strategic partners and assists with identifying external relationship needs.
4. Leads, manages and coaches assigned Project Managers. Effectively assigns Projects Managers to projects and may serve as a Project Manager.
5. Collaborates with marketing, to develop an executable budget for markets to include; training events, marketing brochures, market events, etc. and utilizes Sales/Marketing as a resource.
6. Collaborates with other Market Leaders on business development strategies and identifies opportunities to cross-sell in accounts.
1. Monitors monthly and quarterly project profitability and market revenue against stated goals and targets and communicates changes, delays, and cost overruns. Oversees the development and champions the implementation of necessary action plans to address variances.
2. Establishes market and client-specific requirements and appropriate leading and lagging performance metrics that indicate success.
3. Ensures customer satisfaction; Works to resolve high-level, escalated customer issues. Determines root cause and ensures appropriate steps are taken to avoid future occurrences. Reports quality issues as timely feedback to appropriate parties.
4. Oversees the performance evaluation process for direct reports.
1. Strategically evaluates the market; develops market analysis and creates a plan to identify key players are in the market, what to and not to pursue in the market and pricing. Ensures market business plan is in alignment with the organization’s strategic business plan.
2. Works with the leadership team to develop, communicate, and implement PEDCO’s strategic initiatives.
3. Partners with operations and discipline leaders to determine and ensure the technical expertise required in the market is available to be successful and compete in the market.
4. Utilizes knowledge, expertise and market analysis to create a plan for market growth.
5. Develops, tracks and reports on market budget. Actively pursues and achieves financial goals, works with client managers and/or project managers to achieve goals and makes adjustments accordingly.
Experience: Minimum 15 years of business development / sales experience in a research and development environment.
Licensures and Certifications: Registered Engineer or Architect is preferred
Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher
PEDCO offers a comprehensive benefit package to help foster long-term security and well being. Our employee benefits include: major medical coverage, dental insurance, life insurance, 401 (k) Savings & Profit Sharing, Short-Term/Long-Term Disability, paid vacation, paid holidays, flex time/summer hours, discretionary bonuses, Health Savings Accounts, Section 125 Plan.
Partnering with clients to take them beyond what they can achieve alone.
With 58 employees, PEDCO has been developing innovative solutions for businesses for over 39 years. Our teams of exceptional design professionals possess a solid foundation of design and technical abilities, which allow us to consistently deliver a high level of quality services. Through trusting and lasting relationships, we are focused on driving steady growth, financial success, and building the PEDCO legacy.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com.