Structural Discipline Leader
The Structural Engineering Department Manager is responsible for the technical growth and development of their discipline and to motivate, train and provide the technical development of the discipline production staff resulting in a 100% ready technical support team.
1. Coordinate in-house discipline seminars to keep staff current on new products and technologies.
2. Participate on Company committees to improve Company manuals, procedures, and efficiencies.
3. Provide input to the COO with regards to discipline personnel matters.
4. Lead and/or participate in the interviewing process, providing technical evaluation of potential candidates
for their discipline.
5. Evaluate each individual in their discipline to identify strengths, weaknesses and growth opportunities.
1. Assist in the preparation of proposals and fees.
2. Determine the assignment of project team members to ensure project discipline responsibilities are fulfilled.
3. Provide technical leadership on projects as requested by Project Managers.
4. Participate in presentations to Clients as requested.
5. Participate in weekly Operations Meeting.
1. Develop and manage the execution of the quality control process and checks for the discipline.
2. Directly supervise and train discipline team members for technical project functions in which they have not
3. Develop a succession plan for personnel within the discipline.
Experience: A minimum of 15 years structural engineering experience and demonstrates a high proficiency with civil, foundations, framing and material handling applications.
Licensures and Certifications: Registered Engineer. NCEES registration preferred.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher.
PEDCO offers a comprehensive benefits package to help foster long-term security and well being. Our employee benefits include: major medical coverage, dental insurance, life insurance, 401 (k) Savings & Profit Sharing, Short-Term/Long-Term Disability, paid vacation, paid holidays, flex time/summer hours, discretionary bonuses, Health Savings Accounts, Section 125 Plan.
Partnering with clients to take them beyond what they can achieve alone.
With 72 employees, PEDCO has been developing innovative solutions for businesses for over 37 years. Our teams of exceptional design professionals possess a solid foundation of design and technical abilities, which allow us to consistently deliver a high level of quality services. Through trusting and lasting relationships, we are focused on driving steady growth, financial success, and building the PEDCO legacy.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com.