JOB SUMMARY: The Structural Designer is responsible for the appropriate design and production of drawings, specifications, and reports required by a project, as well as quality control. The Structural Designer is also responsible for staying current with the latest design practices, software and codes affecting design. The Structural Designer takes direction from the project’s Lead Designer and Lead Project Engineer.
1. Participates in completing project scope within budget and schedule for multiple projects.
2. Ensures accurate and timely fieldwork following fieldwork requirements and discipline standards.
3. Prepares drawing construction packages under the direction of the project’s Lead Designer and/or Engineer.
4. Assists with construction phase services (RFI’s, shop drawing review, site observation and documentation, attends construction meetings, etc) with supervision.
5. Develops accurate and complete drawings using AutoCAD and/or Revit with supervision for technical issues.
6. Organizes drawing packages.
7. Organizes project files and documentation as determined by project’s Lead Designer and/or Engineer, Company and discipline standards.
8. Progressively checks layouts for accuracy, presentation, intradisciplinary coordination, and provides a sufficient level of detailing while not exceeding design budget.
9. Provides drawings for quality review to project’s Lead Designer and/or Engineer.
10. Purges and audits drawing files at project issue and closeout at the direction of the project’s Lead Designer and/or Engineer.
11. Assists in the preparation of permit packages as requested.
12. Assists with quantity takeoffs for construction cost estimates.
13. Seeks new ideas to increase efficiency of project processes, designs and detailing practices utilizing AutoCad, Revit, and other design software.
1. Participates on discipline technical teams as requested such as technical, field, quality and code teams.
2. Develops and stays up to date on working knowledge of design standards.
3. Seeks new ideas to increase the efficiency of project processes, designs and detailing practices.
1. Experience: 5+ years of experience in a consulting or manufacturing environment. Proficient in ACAD and Revit.
2. Education: Associate’s degree in discipline-related field is preferred.
PEDCO offers a comprehensive benefits package to help foster long-term security and well being. Our employees’ benefits include: major medical coverage, dental insurance, life insurance, 401(k) Savings & Profit Sharing, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, paid vacation, paid holidays, flex time/summer hours, discretionary bonuses, Health Savings Accounts, Section 125 Plan, ID Shield and Legal Shield.
Partnering with clients to take them beyond what they can achieve alone.
With 72 employees, PEDCO has been developing innovative solutions for businesses for over 37 years. Our teams of exceptional design professionals possess a solid foundation of design and technical abilities, which allow us to consistently deliver a high level of quality services. Through trusting and lasting relationships, we are focused on driving steady growth, financial success, and building the PEDCO legacy.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com