Senior Mechanical Engineer
The Senior Mechanical Engineer is responsible for the appropriate engineering/design and production of drawings, specifications, and reports required by a project, as well as quality control. The Senior Mechanical Engineer is also responsible for staying current with the latest engineering/design practices, software, and codes affecting the design.
- Assists in the preparation of proposal documents.
- Assists in training the project team and other less experienced discipline personnel.
- Directs the interaction with project team to coordinate project specifics.
- Interacting with clients and vendors to develop project details.
- Confirms project scope, schedule and budget for designs with the PM. Follows company standards for project and drawing coordination, documenting decisions made during the course of the project.
- Develops project execution plans for the mechanical discipline to achieve project scope, schedule and budget.
- Obtains owner’s standard details and specifications and design standards. Shares with the project team and incorporates into the final design.
- Develops construction cost comparison and complies with the level of estimate and items to be included per client, PM specifications or contract specifications.
- Monitors the mechanical discipline project budget and progress. Notifies PM immediately if design budget or schedule cannot be met, or additional scope items have been identified.
- Manages project documents per company and discipline standards.
- Coordinates or performs field investigations following company guidelines.
- Develops preliminary conceptual design consistent with project criteria as directed by the PM for discipline specific items:
a. HVAC equipment and controls
b. Industrial ventilation system
c. Fire protection schemes
- Efficiently utilizes design software whenever possible, provide detailed design or supervise the design of the following items:
a. HVAC – Heating-cooling load estimates, energy analysis, psychrometrics, indoor air
quality/ventilation, air systems – types and designs, hydronic system design, acoustics, air distribution, louver selection/layout, diffuser selection/layout, chillers, boilers, hydronic pipe sizing/layout, HVAC equipment selection/layout, hydronic equipment selection/layout, steam equipment selection/ layout
b. CONTROLS – Air, Water, Steam, Gas, Control diagrams, Sequence of operation
c. PIPING – Air, Water, Steam, and Gas.
d. INDUSTRIAL VENTILATION – Indoor air quality, Exhaust system sizing/layout, Equipment selection, Engineered smoke control
e. FIRE PROTECTION – Fire protection basics, Wet system • Dry system, Halon/ANSUL/etc.
- Selects system types, generate preliminary flow and control diagrams, and select motor equipment types, and prepare MEDL.
- Develops mechanical discipline “Mini” drawings and drawing list for the design package.
- Supervises the mechanical discipline project team in preparation of the design package for issue.
- Reviews preliminary design with other disciplines for function, clearances, coordination and final design selection.
- Monitors detail design and check for code compliance, constructability and adherence to Client objectives.
- Participates or leads internal and external project meetings as requested and provides information to the project team.
- Prepares or verifies specifications are completed, incorporating Client and Company standards and coordinated with project drawings.
- Conducts or coordinates quality review of final design drawings and specifications following company processes.
- Seeks and implements new ideas to increase efficiency of company processes.
- Provides input for project team member evaluations.
- Develops and achieves a personal growth and development plan.
- Assists in training and mentoring project team members to achieve their growth and development plans.
- Develops strengths in an area of technical expertise within their discipline.
- Experience: Minimum 15 years of practical air side engineering experience
- Licensures and Certifications: Registered Engineer.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher from an ABET accredited Engineering school.
PEDCO offers a comprehensive benefits package to help foster long-term security and well being. Our employee benefits include: major medical coverage, dental insurance, life insurance, 401 (k) Savings & Profit Sharing, Short-Term/Long-Term Disability, paid vacation, paid holidays, flex time/summer hours, discretionary bonuses, Health Savings Accounts, Section 125 Plan.
Partnering with clients to take them beyond what they can achieve alone.
With 72 employees, PEDCO has been developing innovative solutions for businesses for over 37 years. Our teams of exceptional design professionals possess a solid foundation of design and technical abilities, which allow us to consistently deliver a high level of quality services. Through trusting and lasting relationships, we are focused on driving steady growth, financial success, and building the PEDCO legacy.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com.