Senior Mechanical Designer
The Senior Mechanical Designer is responsible for the appropriate design and production of drawings, specifications, and reports required by a project, as well as quality control. The Lead Designer is also responsible for staying current with the latest design practices, software and codes affecting design. The Senior Mechanical Designer takes direction from the Project Manager and Lead Mechanical Engineer.
- Provides orientation, mentoring and training for less experienced discipline personnel.
- Assists in training of the project team and other discipline personnel in design and detailing practices.
- Provides input to Lead Project Engineer and/or Project Manager as requested for preparation of project proposal.
- Performs intra-discipline reviews for coordination and completeness for multiple projects.
- Work with the Project Manager and/or Lead Mechanical Engineer to develop the Project Execution Plan based on project fee, scope, and schedule.
- Lead discipline project designer team in completing project scope within budget and schedule for multiple projects.
- Ensure accurate and timely field work following field work requirements and discipline standards.
- Prepare heating and cooling load calculations.
- Prepare ventilation (outside air) calculations.
- Select and layout HVAC equipment.
- Size, select and layout air distribution systems including ductwork and diffusers/grilles/registers.
- Select and layout hydronic equipment including pumps, tanks, and valves.
- Size, select and layout hydronic piping including auxiliary equipment.
- Prepare flow and control diagrams.
- Develop accurate and complete drawings using AutoCAD and/or Revit.
- Prepare project specifications under direction of the Project Manager and/or Engineer.
- Progressively checks layouts for accuracy and presentation, code compliance, adherence to client objectives and provide sufficient level of detailing while not exceeding design or construction budget.
- Prepare permit packages as requested by the Project Manager.
- Determine quantity takeoffs for construction cost estimates. Reviews with Project Engineer.
- Prepare studies/reports; preliminary conceptual idea, feasibility studies for Clients with Project Manager supervision.
- Conduct quality review of final design drawings in accordance with PEDCO’s Quality Assurance Program.
- Assist with construction phase services (RFI’s, shop drawing review, site observation and documentation, attends construction meetings, etc.) with supervision.
- Develop and achieve a personal growth and development plan.
- Assist in training and mentoring designers.
- Develop strengths in an area of technical expertise within Mechanical discipline.
Experience: Minimum 15 years of practical air side design experience.
Education: Associate degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred.
PEDCO offers a comprehensive benefits package to help foster long-term security and well-being. Our employee benefits include: major medical coverage, dental insurance, life insurance, 401 (k) Savings & Profit Sharing, Short-Term/Long-Term Disability, paid vacation, paid holidays, flex time/summer hours, discretionary bonuses, Health Savings Accounts, Section 125 Plan, ID Shield and Legal Shield.
Partnering with clients to take them beyond what they can achieve alone.
With 75 employees, PEDCO has been developing innovative solutions for businesses for over 37 years. Our teams of exceptional design professionals possess a solid foundation of design and technical abilities, which allow us to consistently deliver a high level of quality services. Through trusting and lasting relationships, we are focused on driving steady growth, financial success, and building the PEDCO legacy.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.