Building Energy Simulation Analyst
PEDCO is seeking a Building Energy Simulation Analyst to join our team. The Building Energy Simulation Analyst will perform building energy simulation models for system and façade optimization, energy code compliance and LEED projects. The Building Energy Simulation Analyst position is part of the High Performance Buildings Discpline, and will be assisting PEDCO Business Units with their building energy simulation requirements.
Key Areas of Responsibility Include:
- Perform energy simulation computer modeling for advanced HVAC systems.
- Develop strategies to achieve USGBC LEED Certification process.
- Interface with clients, during all project phases. Document and communicate discussions and resolutions with project team members to align deliverables to the project scope.
- Prepare and maintain LEED documentation.
- Keep abreast of the latest advancements and technologies for energy efficiency, and share knowledge with the rest of the staff.
- Follow PEDCO quality processes to deliver projects that exceed our clients’ expectations resulting in long term relationships beneficial to the client and PEDCO.
- Provide input to the Project Manager to help PEDCO win projects and meet the company’s profitability criteria.
- Keep abreast of the latest in energy modeling software and technologies.
- Bachelor degree or higher in Engineering or Architecture.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of intensive experience in Building Energy Simulation.
- Comprehensive knowledge of all of the following programs: eQUEST, Trane Trace 700, COMcheck, and Window 6- LBNL.
- Intermediate knowledge level of building mechanical systems, preferably through experience in design of such systems.
- Ability to obtain professional licensure (R.A. or P.E.) and accreditations such as CEM or BEMP.
- Experience with modeling advanced HVAC systems such as chilled beams, radiant systems and UFAD is a plus.
- Previous Revit experience is preferred.
PEDCO offers a comprehensive benefit package to help foster long-term security and well being. Our employee benefits include: major medical coverage, dental insurance, life insurance, 401 (k) Savings & Profit Sharing, Short-Term/Long-Term Disability, paid vacation, paid holidays, flex time/summer hours, discretionary bonuses, Health Savings Accounts, Section 125 Plan.
PEDCO’s mission is to cultivate long-term partnerships by engaging employees with a passion for customer service, developing our technical expertise, and creating reliable building solutions, resulting in lasting success for our clients and PEDCO.
With more than 68 employees, PEDCO has been developing innovative solutions for businesses for over 35 years. Our teams of exceptional design professionals possess a solid foundation of design and technical abilities, which allow us to consistently deliver a high level of quality services. Through trusting and lasting relationships, we are focused on driving steady growth, financial success, and building the PEDCO legacy.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.